Newcore Capital, the B Corporation-certified, UK social infrastructure real estate investment manager, has hired climate and sustainability expert, Kate Sandle, for its senior management team as Director of Sustainability.
Before joining Newcore, Kate worked for more than six years at B Lab, the non-profit network responsible for rolling out the B Corporation movement in the UK, latterly as director of programmes and engagement. In 2020, Newcore became the first dedicated UK social infrastructure or real estate investment manager to certify as a B Corp.
Reporting to chief operating officer, Neil Sarkhel, Kate will focus on helping Newcore manage and build on its ESG credentials, including:
– co-ordinating the sustainable approach of its latest fund (Newcore Strategic Situations V LP) which aims to deliver significant positive social impact as well as attractive risk-adjusted financial returns
– co-ordinating its approach and reporting on environmental impact to external industry bodies, such as GRESB, and the measurement of the positive social impact generated by its fund strategies
– working on Newcore’s and its funds’ pathway to net zero CO² emissions
– advising on and implementing improvements to the business to allow it to increase its current B Corp score from 113 at its next review
– promoting its sustainable capital management approach to the fund management and real estate industries in which it is involved Kate obtained a degree in international relations from the University of Leeds and a master’s in social business and entrepreneurship from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
Hugo Llewelyn, CEO of Newcore, said: “We are delighted that Kate has joined as a senior member of our team, as we continue to build on our decade-long track record as a sustainable capital management business and B Corporation. Kate’s knowledge and experience in ESG and sustainability, based on her tenure as B Lab’s UK lead, is invaluable to us as we develop and deliver genuine positive impact though our funds and our own management platform”.