AMI, leading provider of market intelligence and events for the global plastics industry, has recently released the programme for Chemical Recycling. The conference will take place in-person on 27-28 September 2021 at the InterContinental Hotel, Düsseldorf, Germany.
The two-day event will offer attendees the chance to update their knowledge on chemical recycling and fully understand the range of technologies, outputs, and concepts available as well as how they can help to meet local and national recycling targets.
Key presentations include:
– “Chemical recycling and enabling policy environment: two keys to reach EU recycling targets” presented by Dr. Mohammad Hayatifar, Secretary General at Chemical Recycling Europe
– “Chemical Recycling: Challenges and solutions” presented by Jean-Christophe Lesguillier, Project Manager at The Alliance to End Plastic Waste
– “End-to-End value chain collaboration to enable chemical recycling” presented by Dr. Colin Kerr, Packaging Technology Director at Unilever
– “Transitioning towards a circular economy with advanced recycling technologies” presented by Inari Seppä, Innovation Director at Eastman Chemical Company
– “Chemical Recycling: Accelerating the transition into a circular economy for plastics“ presented by Henk Pool, Innovation Manager at European Chemical Industry Council – CEFIC
Chemical recycling has in the last few years come to the fore as a tool to address the growing waste plastics problem due to its ability to handle what has previously been considered “difficult to recycle” plastics. It has garnered interest from across the industry, from petrochemical companies, waste management, machinery producers and brand owners. Many announcements of commitments to develop chemical recycling have been made, although high levels of investment, lengthy scale up processes and lack of supporting legislation have proved stumbling blocks to considerable advancement.
AMI’s Chemical Recycling 2021 conference will build on the knowledge gained in the 2020 virtual event, and further explore the challenges and opportunities in the chemical recycling market. Presentations will look at technologies, outlooks, regulations and how the industry must work together to close the loop and bring about a fully circular economy that includes chemical recycling as a major contributor to increase recycling rates and lower carbon emissions.
In addition to industry presentations, the conference includes opportunities for extended discussions and idea sharing. Delegates will be offered unrivalled opportunities to network, exchange experiences and learn through interaction with key representatives from all areas of the recycling value chain. This conference is a must-attend for anyone wishing to stay up to date on the latest developments in the dynamic market of chemical recycling.
The conference will be held two days before AMI’s Plastics Recycling World Expo, which takes place at the Messe Essen in Germany on 29-30 September 2021. By running the Chemical Recycling conference and AMI’s plastics industry expos back-to-back, you will have access to a whole week of networking and knowledge sharing from industry professionals from across the whole recycling supply chain and more.
See the full conference programme and book your place here: www.ami.ltd/ChemRecycling
For further information on attending, exhibiting, or sponsoring this event, please contact Louella Osano, Conference Organiser on Tel: +44 (0) 117 314 8111 or [email protected]