B-Corp Certified sustainability platform SkootEco supports Good Energy to carbon offset its gas

24 May, 24
B-Corp Certified sustainability platform SkootEco has partnered with leading UK green energy supplier, Good Energy, offsetting 90 percent of emissions from the latter’s consumer gas product with Gold Standard carbon credits from humanitarian projects in India, Kenya, and China.

B-Corp Certified sustainability platform SkootEco has partnered with leading UK green energy supplier, Good Energy, offsetting 90 percent of emissions from the latter’s consumer gas product with Gold Standard carbon credits from humanitarian projects in India, Kenya, and China.

Good Energy offers one of the greenest gas tariffs on the market. 10 percent of its gas product comes from renewable biogas generated in Britain. This 10 percent represents the maximum percentage of the UK’s gas demand that can be met from sustainably produced, UK generated biogas. The remaining 90 per cent is then offset by SkootEco, through investment in biogas projects in underprivileged communities.

As two values aligned businesses, this partnership represents Good Energy and SkootEco’s shared commitment to climate positive action. The schemes that Good Energy’s Gold Standard carbon credits support were chosen not only due to their support for biogas globally, but also for their positive social impact.

SkootEco provides a simple-to-use carbon footprint management solution to businesses internationally. The breadth of offset projects it connects its partners to, such as those Good Energy’s credits support, is unmatched.

Nigel Pocklington, CEO, Good Energy: “As a clean energy company, we are committed to helping customers get off gas, but clearly that isn’t going to happen overnight. That’s what makes our gas product an ideal vehicle for high quality carbon offsetting — making sure unavoidable emissions can contribute to positive climate and social impact.

“SkootEco made for a perfect partner in achieving this, as a values aligned, purpose driven, B Corp certified business. We are looking forward to following the projects our certificates are helping to fund to see the real world benefits.”

The positive social impact of the projects Good Energy supports through its work with SkootEco is demonstrated in the UN Sustainable Development Goals they are proven to support. From affordable and clean energy to decent work and economic growth, through to improved health, gender equality and zero hunger.

The three projects this partnership supports include a household biogas project in Punjab, India; a home biogas project in Kenya; and a biogas project using manure from farms near Ganzhou City in China. Further detail on each of these three projects can be found here.

Greg Gormley, CEO of SkootEco: “I’m thrilled to announce this partnership with Good Energy. Becoming their climate partner and helping them identify verified carbon reduction projects that align with their business has been a pleasure. I have seen first hand the impact that is being made by Good Energy’s support of these amazing humanitarian carbon reduction projects, and look forward to updating their team and customers on the progress these projects make over the next three years.”

SkootEco also works with Addison Lee, Oracle, Coventry Building Society Arena, D.ream International, and BUPA. To date, the service has allowed its partner brands and their customers to achieve the following:

– 1,224,478 + Trees planted in deforested and damaged ecosystems across the planet.
– 110,000 + Plastic bottles removed and recycled from waterways and coastlines around the world.
– 15 + Global humanitarian projects funded in support of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.

Related posts

5 June, 24
Trivium Packaging, the $3.3B global leader in infinitely recyclable metal packaging, today releases its annual Sustainability Report, outlining the company’s work in 2023 towards positioning sustainability and eco-consciousness across its business operations.
Advertisement

Latest posts